Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Beets baby!!

It's day #4 of February's juice challenge and my body is now craving its daily fix of juiced fruits and veggies.  Today's juicing star is vibrant, fresh winter beets.

So I have to admit, even though I chose beets today, I am not a huge fan.  They taste like I'm eating a fork full of dirt.  However, every year around this time I decide to give them another try.  

Beets are incredibly healing and beneficial in many ways.  They contain magnesium, fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus and a host of other vitamins and minerals.  Beets are known to be an aphrodisiac, purify and cleanse the blood, and are a great source of natural energy.  I can't help but want to love these beautiful roots! So in order to incorporate them into my diet, I usually juice them.  This way I can cover up some of that fabulous dirt flavor while getting all the healthy benefits.  So cheers to beets baby!!

Juice challenge day #4


Beet Juice

Makes 24 ounces

4 carrots
2 large red beets, washed thoroughly
2 medium red apples
1-inch piece fresh ginger root

1.  In juicer or choice, juice all ingredients.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS