Monday, February 3, 2014

Ruby red mint juice Day #3

It's Monday which can be the perfect day to press the reset button after a fun filled Super Bowl weekend.  GO HAWKS!!!  It's also day #3 of February's juice challenge.

Today, I woke up craving citrus. Perhaps my body was in need of an extra shot of vitamin C.  Often times my juicing recipes are inspired by two different things:

1.  What is my body craving?
2.  What's in my fridge that I can juice or needs to be used PRONTO?

Of course, I usually try to use ingredients that are in season but I do like to throw in a little tropical explosion every now and then-well a lot actually!! I love using pineapples in my green juice recipes which I'll be sharing with you throughout the next few weeks.  Enjoy today's recipe!

Day #3

Ruby red mint juice
Makes 32 ounces

6 ruby red grapefruits
1/4 cup mint leaves, tightly packed

1.  In preferred juicer, juice all ingredients.  Pour over ice and serve immediately

Note: You can also juice the grapefruits in a citrus juicer.  In this case divide mint into glasses and muddle to release mint fragrance and flavor.  Top with ice and pour grapefruit juice into glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS